Yellowstone Day Adventures are the perfect way to spend a day in Yellowstone!
These winter guided group tours travel along Yellowstone’s famed Northern Range in search of both charismatic and often-overlooked wildlife. Led by a world-class Yellowstone Forever Field Educator, the group will spend time exploring and learning more about the park’s rich geological and cultural history with stops at locations such as Mammoth Hot Springs.
Tours are offered every Tuesday and Thursday from December 2022 through February 2023. They depart at 8:00 a.m. from the Yellowstone Forever Headquarters located in Gardiner, MT. Minimum age requirement is 5 years old.
All day adventure tours include:
- Hot beverage service
- Transportation via a 14-passenger minibus and/or transit van (round trip)
- Six hours of educational programming with a Yellowstone Forever Field Educator | 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Use of high-powered scopes and binoculars
- Park entry fees (for the duration of the program)
What to bring:
- Meals are not included. Please pack meals for in the field – breakfast (or eat before the tour) lunch, snacks, and water.
- Layered clothing to best prepare for all weather types, especially cold weather.
- Camera, if you desire to take photos, however, note that this is not a photo tour.
- Gratuities are not included but are recommended and greatly appreciated.