Yellowstone National Park is a place of unimaginable beauty and mystery. It is no wonder early images and artwork of the region helped influence Congress to create the world’s first national park in 1872.
Today, park visitors also have the opportunity to share the wonders of Yellowstone with images and video – and what better way than through the world’s leading image-sharing social platform, Instagram!
As the official nonprofit partner of Yellowstone, Yellowstone Forever strives to inspire passion for and appreciation of the park, which in turn can help lead to its preservation. Instagram is the perfect way to showcase all that we love and hope to protect in this magical place. In short, Yellowstone and Instagram are a perfect match!
Here are five reasons you’ll want to follow Yellowstone Forever (@ynpforever) today:
- With the greatest concentration of wildlife in the lower 48 states and more than half of the world’s active geysers and thermal features, there is an endless supply of uniquely stunning imagery found throughout the park.
- We love to see Yellowstone through visitors’ eyes and experiences, which is why we post your Yellowstone images! Share with #YellowstoneForever for a chance to be featured.
Image by @jessielucik
- Video – Whether it is a running herd of bison or a time lapse of Grand Prismatic Spring, video will transport you to Yellowstone’s breathtaking sights and sounds.
Video by @brian_paicentini
- There are millions of Yellowstone enthusiasts. @ynpforever provides the opportunity to continually share the park with people from around the world who love the park as much as you do.
- Four Seasons – Follow along as summer transitions to fall, fall to winter, winter to spring, and back again. Yellowstone is magnificent in all seasons.
BONUS: Yellowstone National Park’s feed (@yellowstonenps) features incredible footage from all over the park. Have a photo of you acting responsibly while viewing wildlife or touring a geyser basin? Take the #YellowstonePledge and have a chance to have your image featured.