It’s time to plan your winter trip to Yellowstone National Park! Yellowstone Forever’s Field Seminars, Private Tours and Lodging & Learning educational programs are now available for booking.
Keep reading to find the perfect program for you!
Our world-class Field Seminars examine specific aspects of the park ecosystem through a combination of fun field excursions and presentations. Our seminar leaders are experts in their fields and include professors, naturalists, scientists, and acclaimed photographers, writers, historians, and artists.
This option is a favorite for those who want to participate in a highly educational, fully immersive Yellowstone experience. Many of these programs are based at the historic Lamar Buffalo Ranch.
Check out our offerings this winter:
- Thanksgiving in Lamar – November 24-28
- Nature’s Tongue: A Yellowstone Writing Workshop – November 29-December 3
- Wilderness First Aid – December 1-2
- Bighorn Sheep Rut: Wildlife Photography Intensive – December 4-7
- Winter Wildlife in Wonderland: Photography Immersion Seminar – December 12-17
- Yellowstone Block Printing: From Block to Print – December 18-22
- Christmas in Lamar – December 23-27
- New Years in Lamar – December 28-January 1
- Winter Wildlife Photography – January 2-7
- Advanced Winter Wildlife Photography – January 8-13
- Yellowstone Winter Master Naturalist – January 9-15
- Wolves, Dogs, and Humans – January 14-18
- Wolves & Coyotes: Yellowstone’s Cousins – January 19-22
- Art of Winter Landscape Photography – January 24-29
- Yellowstone by Ski or Snowshoe – January 30-February 2
- Yellowstone In-Depth: Bison – February 3-4
- Silence: The Daily Practice – February 4-7
- Intelligence of Animals – February 8-12
- Yellowstone In-Depth: Native Fish – February 10-11
- Yellowstone Winter Wildlife and Landscape Photography Workshop – February 11-13
- Yellowstone In-Depth: Wolves – February 17-18
- Yellowstone In-Depth: Cougars – February 24-25
- Photography for Conservation Storytelling – February 24-27
- Lamar Valley Wolf Week I – February 28-March 4
- Lamar Valley Wolf Week II – March 5-9
- Naturalist Guide Certification Program – March 6-18
- Lamar Valley Wolf Week III – March 10-14
- Lamar Valley Wolf Week IV – March 15-19
- Lamar Valley Wolf Week V – March 20-24
- Surviving Winter: How Birds Adapt – March 26
Make the most out of your trip to Yellowstone with a private winter tour for you and your group! We offer four winter tour options, each led by one of Yellowstone Forever’s educators. All private tours will include a catered breakfast and lunch from Tumbleweed Cafe in Gardiner, Montana! You can choose from:
- Winter Wonderland for Families – This tour is designed for families with children (ages 14 and under). This educational tour focuses on wildlife watching along Yellowstone’s famous northern range and Lamar Valley.
- Winter Wildlife Watching – This tour is designed for those who want to focus on viewing and learning about wildlife along Yellowstone’s famous northern range and Lamar Valley. This tour stays close to the road as winter is the best time to view wolves in Yellowstone, and this tour is designed to take advantage of this rare opportunity.
- Snowshoe and Sightseeing Expedition – This tour is designed for those who want to explore Yellowstone in winter by snowshoe. This tour incorporates wildlife, history, ecology, and geology into snowshoe activities along the northern range, in addition to discussing issues that affect the Yellowstone ecosystem.
- Skiing and Sightseeing Yellowstone – This tour is designed for those who want to explore Yellowstone in winter on skis. This tour incorporates wildlife, history, ecology, and geology into skiing activities along the northern range, in addition to discussing issues that affect the Yellowstone ecosystem.
Lodging & Learning
Our award-winning Lodging & Learning packages combine the best lodging through Yellowstone National Park Lodges with an exceptional immersive field education experience.
You’ll spend your days exploring the park with a small group led by one of Yellowstone Forever’s field educators, and your nights in one of Yellowstone’s beloved lodges. This educational option is a favorite for those who want to immerse themselves in the park, but would prefer a private and modern lodging option.
This winter there are two options for Lodging & Learning:
- Old Faithful Winter Expedition – This package is designed for those who want to explore the heart of Yellowstone’s winter wilderness with an expert field educator. Lodging will be at the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Old Faithful Snow Lodge. Learn more.
- Winter Wolf Discovery – This package focuses learning about wolves, and other exciting wildlife, along Yellowstone’s famous northern range. Learn more.