Yellowstone Forever relies on enthusiastic volunteers to help support our programs and activities in Yellowstone National Park.
Have you always wanted to work or spend time in Yellowstone? Volunteering with Yellowstone Forever is a great way to experience the park, while helping others enjoy it’s wonder.
Below are descriptions of some of our ongoing volunteer opportunities, but needs vary based on season. Check out our current openings at the link below.See all our volunteer positions
Campus and Program Volunteer
Each of our field seminar is supported by one volunteer. Field seminars are based at the Lamar Buffalo Ranch field campus, the Yellowstone Forever classrooms in Gardiner, or another location in the park.
The Yellowstone Overlook field campus is based in Gardiner, and provides a location for adult students and youth groups to stay in comfortable lodging during their stay while participating in programs.
Campus and program volunteers welcome and host students, orient them to Yellowstone Forever and the facility, assist instructors in logistical aspects of courses, drive the 14-passenger mini-bus for all field trips, assist in risk management in the field, and maintain and clean campus facilities. Campus and Program Volunteers also provide linen service and basic maintenance services at the Yellowstone Overlook field campus.
- Greet and check-in students and instructors
- Transport course participants in 14-passenger mini-buses
- Assist students and instructors in the classroom as well as in the field
- Oversee student safety and risk management in the field
- Clean and maintain assigned vehicles and facilities daily
Vehicle and Equipment Volunteer
The Equipment and Vehicle Volunteer provides logistical support for programs that originate out of Yellowstone Forever’s Gardiner, MT office.
Volunteers will work with the Fleet and Logistics Manager to ensure equipment needed for programs is maintained and cleaned.
Volunteers also provides support to field instructors by staging needed equipment for programs, and putting equipment away when it returns from a program.
- Maintain equipment that is used for programs based in Gardiner, and equipment that is sent in from other locations
- Inventory equipment used in programs originating from Gardiner
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and organization of equipment storage area
- Collaborate with the Fleet and Logistics Manager to ensure the cleanliness and preparedness of Yellowstone Forever’s vehicle fleet and program equipment, providing logistical support to Yellowstone Forever Institute
- Wash and clean interior and exterior of YF vehicles
- Drive 14 passenger mini bus on scheduled shuttle runs to Bozeman Airport and throughout Yellowstone National Park
- Travel to Bozeman, and other locations, to acquire needed supplies
- Apply Yellowstone Forever Institute policies and safety procedures