NEWS: Our summer Yellowstone Day Adventures are now available. To find out more information and to book a tour for summer 2024, click here.
Yellowstone Day Adventures
Yellowstone Day Adventures are the perfect way to spend a day in Yellowstone!
These winter guided group tours travel along Yellowstone’s famed Northern Range in search of both charismatic and often-overlooked wildlife. Led by a world-class Yellowstone Forever Field Educator, the group will spend time exploring and learning more about the park’s rich geological and cultural history with stops at locations such as Mammoth Hot Springs.
Tours are offered every Friday from December 22, 2023 through March 1, 2024. They depart at 8:00 a.m. from the Yellowstone Forever Headquarters located in Gardiner, MT. Minimum age requirement is 5 years old.
All day adventure tours include:
- Hot beverage service
- Transportation via a 14-passenger minibus and/or transit van (round trip)
- Six hours of educational programming with a Yellowstone Forever Field Educator | 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Use of high-powered scopes and binoculars
- Park entry fees (for the duration of the program)
What to bring:
- Meals are not included. Please pack meals for in the field – breakfast (or eat before the tour) lunch, snacks, and water.
- Layered clothing to best prepare for all weather types, especially cold weather.
- Camera, if you desire to take photos, however, note that this is not a photo tour.
- Gratuities are not included but are recommended and greatly appreciated.
*Yellowstone Day Adventures are available at a highly discounted rate, so no other discounts will apply*
“We had so many highlights I could not choose one. We were able to view so many animals it exceeded our expectations.” – Mary Ann, CT
“This was one of the best conducted tours I’ve ever been on, museum, park or anything. Piper was very pleasant, very professional, provided a great environment as well as a wealth of knowledge. Her passion exuded from her.” – Ned, CA
“Nancy and Amanda did a great job. I was very impressed with the extent of their knowledge. I couldn’t believe how much wildlife we saw.” – Jeanne, DE
Yellowstone Day Adventure | This tour is designed for anyone looking to get out in the park and learn about Yellowstone’s wildlife and geothermal activities. This educational tour goes along the northern range of Yellowstone. Read the itinerary here.