Make the most out of your trip to Yellowstone with a winter tour with one of Yellowstone Forever’s educators. We offer four winter tour options from wildlife watching to cross-country skiing. All programs will connect participants to the stories behind the fascinating sights and sounds of Yellowstone. Our summer Private Tour schedule will be available in late January.
*New in 2021: All tours include breakfast and lunch catered by Tumbleweed Cafe in Gardiner, Montana!
Private Tour Options
- Winter Wonderland for Families – This tour is designed for families with children (ages 14 and under). This educational tour focuses on wildlife watching along Yellowstone’s famous northern range and Lamar Valley. Learn more.
- Winter Wildlife Watching – This tour is designed for those who want to focus on viewing and learning about wildlife along Yellowstone’s famous northern range and Lamar Valley. This tour stays close to the road as winter is the best time to view wolves in Yellowstone, and this tour is designed to take advantage of this rare opportunity. Learn more.
- Snowshoe and Sightseeing Expedition – This tour is designed for those who want to explore Yellowstone in winter by snowshoe. This tour incorporates wildlife, history, ecology, and geology into snowshoe activities along the northern range, in addition to discussing issues that affect the Yellowstone ecosystem. Learn More.
- Skiing and Sightseeing Yellowstone – This tour is designed for those who want to explore Yellowstone in winter on skis. This tour incorporates wildlife, history, ecology, and geology into skiing activities along the northern range, in addition to discussing issues that affect the Yellowstone ecosystem. Learn more.
- Winter Photography Tours – This tour is designed for all photographers—from brand new to experienced—who want to learn how to beautifully capture Yellowstone in the winter. Naturalist photography educator, Kate Ochsman, understands wildlife behavior and natural history, where and how to find wildlife, and how to make timeless images to cherish. Learn more.
Find the date you are interested below, and select which program you are interested in during the registration process.
Lodging may be available at our Overlook Field Campus. Click here to learn more, and mark the box in your registration if you are interested in that option and we will reach out to you.