A bequest is the simplest planned gift to implement or change should you ever need the assets during your lifetime.
A gift to Yellowstone Forever in your will or living trust allows you to retain your assets during your lifetime.
A bequest may be right for you if you:
- Would like to make a gift to Yellowstone Forever.
- Want to retain the flexibility to change your mind.
- Want continued access to your assets, in case you need it.
- Are concerned about outliving your resources.
How it works:
- You make Yellowstone Forever a beneficiary in your will or trust, or a designated beneficiary of your retirement plan, life insurance policy, or another asset.
- Yellowstone Forever receives your gift when your estate is settled.
The following information is intended to help you and your attorney in drafting a bequest.
Legal Name: Yellowstone Forever
Address: 222 East Main Street, Suite 301, Bozeman, MT 59715
Tax Id#: 47-5427975
Nonprofit status: Active and in good standing
Unrestricted Gift: A gift that can be used where the need is greatest
I give, devise, and bequeath to Yellowstone Forever, Bozeman, MT, (insert dollar amount) Dollars* to be used for its general purposes.
Residuary Bequest: Leaves any remainder after all other bequests have been paid
I give, devise, and bequeath to Yellowstone Forever, Bozeman, MT, (insert percentage amount) percent of the residue of my estate to be used for its general purposes.
Contingency Gift: Takes effect only if a primary intention can’t be met
In the event that (insert name) predeceases me, I give, devise, and bequeath his/her bequest or share to Yellowstone Forever, Bozeman, MT, to be used for its general purposes.
*Rather than leaving a dollar amount, you can include language that refers to a percentage of your estate or a description of the property you wish to give.