Winter is a magical time in Yellowstone National Park. As winter settles in, slowing the pace in Yellowstone, we reflect on this past year and send our heartfelt appreciation for your continued support. We could not protect, preserve, and enhance Yellowstone without the passion of incredible supporters like you! As we close out this year commemorating 150 years of Yellowstone and look to the future, know that your support made a difference.
In 2022, Yellowstone Forever members helped:
- Expand the Bison Conservation & Transfer Program to transfer more wild Yellowstone bison to nearly 20 Tribes;
- Launch the Yellowstone Tribal Heritage Center where 21 Tribal artists presented throughout the summer season representing 13 Tribes;
- Partner with the park to honor 150 years of Yellowstone;
- Provide critical support after the devasting flood event in Yellowstone;
- Continue the successful work to restore the native Yellowstone cutthroat trout to the ecosystem;
- Install more bear-proof storage boxes in campsites across the park to protect bears and people;
- Support the critical work of the Yellowstone Wolf Project;
- Provide exceptional educational experiences through the Yellowstone Forever Institute;
- …and so much more!
As we look to 2023, we are determined to make an even greater impact in the park. We look forward to working together to ensure Yellowstone continues to be protected and preserved for generations to come. May the new year be filled with adventures in the wonder that is Yellowstone!