Grand Tour of Yellowstone
$5,875 per person, single occupancy
Number of days: 6
Program start date:
June 10, 24
July 8, 22
August 5, 19
Canyon, Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful, Yellowstone Lake
Lodging & Learning
Conservation, Cultural History, Natural History, Tribal History
The Grand Tour of Yellowstone Lodging & Learning package is designed for those who want to enjoy some of the best experiences Yellowstone has to offer while traveling in style. The package is offered by Yellowstone National Park Lodges, covering lodging arrangements, meals, and transportation, with Yellowstone Forever providing educational programming. We built this package to closely mirror the historic tours that Yellowstone's early visitors would have experienced. In this all-inclusive package, you'll be transported in a vintage 1930's White Motor Co. "Historic Yellow Bus" to explore and learn about Yellowstone's popular attractions while staying at various villages through the park.
Each day you will venture out with a Yellowstone Forever field educator and Yellowstone National Park Lodges (YNPL) driver guide for a new adventure exploring each region of the park. We will incorporate short, scenic hikes throughout the program getting to take in Yellowstone's most famous views. We'll leave early each day to beat the crowds and increase the odds of seeing Yellowstone's charismatic megafauna that are most active at dawn and will return early every evening, leaving you time to relax and wind down from the day.
Most sightings of wildlife occur at a distance; the field educator will provide high-powered spotting scopes and binoculars for group use. However, participants are encouraged to bring additional scopes and binoculars if they have them.
Why choose a Lodging & Learning Program?
These award-winning Lodging & Learning packages are developed through a partnership with Yellowstone National Park Lodges and Yellowstone Forever. These packages combine the best lodging locations with an exceptional immersive field education experience. Here’s why this package stands out:
- Yellowstone Forever is Yellowstone National Park’s official nonprofit education and fundraising partner. Yellowstone Forever’s mission is to protect, preserve, and enhance Yellowstone National Park through education and philanthropy. To learn more about Yellowstone Forever, visit our website, yellowstone.org.
- Support Yellowstone National Park. Proceeds collected by Yellowstone Forever educational programs are used to preserve Yellowstone National Park and provide more opportunities for people to experience its magic.
- Yellowstone Forever Field Educators are formally trained. The Yellowstone Institute has been providing in-depth educational programs in Yellowstone for over 40 years. Yellowstone Forever field educators are among the best experts in Yellowstone. Educational staff are passionate professionals with significant training who are dedicating their careers to this vital work. They live in the Yellowstone ecosystem, they work and train alongside park researchers and educators, and thus can provide accurate and exciting behind the scenes perspectives on the park’s natural and cultural history. They know where to go and when, and they handle all the details to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Small group size. Lodging & Learning programs have a max capacity of 9. The program capacity size allows participants to enjoy camaraderie with fellow participants and receive more attention in a small group setting. It allows the educator to take an inquiry-based approach to learning and tailoring the experience to the group’s specific interests.
- Essential equipment provided. Yellowstone Forever provides high-quality scoping equipment to bring distant wildlife into crisp, clear view. Educators are at a minimum Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified. They carry a first aid kit and handheld radio during all outings and provide bear spray to participants if hiking in bear country. Additionally, they incorporate teaching aids such as skulls, tracks, pelts, books, and test equipment such as temperature guns for thermal features.
- Incredible in-park lodging. All lodging in this package is in the park, within short walking distance from popular features and spectacular scenery. This minimizes drive time during daily outings and allows more time to enjoy the park’s features at a relaxing pace. It also allows more time in the evenings, after daily outings, to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
"Amanda was passionate about the park. It was reflected on the knowledge she shared with everyone in the group. Where, why how and when questions were all answered by her and Noah. Never a dull moment. We saw everything we came to see and learned so much about Yellowstone." - Mary Anne, FL
Download Program Information:
We are continually updating and refining our COVID-19 mitigation measures to ensure the health and safety our guests, staff and volunteers. Read our COVID-19 guidelines for program participants.