See the following for official guidelines, terms, and conditions for the Yellowstone Forever 2025 Calendar Call for Submissions.
- The non-exclusive right to reproduce the photograph(s) in, and in conjunction with, the Yellowstone Forever 2025 Calendar. This includes the right to publish the Photographer’s name, and pertinent biographical data (if applicable), in conjunction with each submitted photo.
- The Photographer shall retain any and all other rights in and to their photographs.
- Photographer represents and warrants that: (a) all photographs are original and created by Photographer; and (b) publication thereof will not violate or infringe any copyright, proprietary right, or license. Photographer further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Publisher and its licensees from any claim, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any action as a result of a breach by Photographer of any of the foregoing representations or warranties.
- In creating or furnishing the photographs, Photographer shall be acting as an independent contractor and not as an agent or employee of Publisher, or otherwise employed or retained by Publisher. Any associate or assistant retained by Photographer in connection with furnishing the photographs shall be at Photographer’s own cost and expense and such person will not, in any event, be or be deemed to be an agent or employee of Publisher.
- Photographer must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission.
- Citizens of any country may submit photos and are eligible to receive payment for images chosen for the Yellowstone Forever 2025 Calendar.
- Photographer attests that all submitted photos were taken within the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park.
- Photographer attests that none of Yellowstone National Park’s safety rules and regulations were violated in taking all submitted photographs.
- Upon the request of the Publisher, Photographer will obtain and furnish to Publisher written releases from all persons whose recognizable likenesses appear therein.
- Submitted photograph may not have been published in any previous Yellowstone Forever Calendar (or a Yellowstone Association Calendar prior to merging with Yellowstone Park Foundation).
- Photographers may be either amateur or professional.
- Submitted photographs may have been taken in any year.
- Photographers may be asked to provide a larger image file size if possible and an additional description of chosen image.
- Images must be received by 11:59pm on October 31, 2023 in order to be considered for publication.
Submission: Photographers may submit up to 5 images. File Naming: Each image filename should include the following information: species or feature, location, time of year, and your name (last name first): i.e. GrizzlyAndCub_LamarValley_Summer_DoeJane. Image descriptions, outside of the brief information provided in the filename, are not necessary at this time. Submit full resolution jpg files. Though the calendar will be square (16″x16″), your submission does not have to be in a square ratio. We will crop to best fit the composition of the calendar. Black and white images will not be considered for this calendar.
Judging: Submissions will be judged by a committee of employees at Yellowstone Forever after submission deadline has passed on October 31, 2023. Selected images, along with Honorable Mention images, will be announced online on March 1, 2024. Photographers will be notified via email or phone prior to the announcement date. There is no public voting aspect associated with the Yellowstone Forever 2025 Calendar Call for Submissions.
Compensation: Publisher will pay Photographer(s) $500 for featured cover image, $350 for each featured monthly photograph, and $150 for smaller images within the calendar for each month (there will be one non-feature image for each month). No additional compensation, financial or otherwise, will be made. Payment shall be made within 30 days after publication.
Indemnification: Photographer shall and hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Yellowstone Forever, its affiliates, and its and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, volunteers, and agents, past, present, and future, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, recoveries, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, paid or incurred, that arise from or relate to (i) willful misconduct and negligent acts, errors, or omissions of Photographer, or Photographer’s employees, agents, or representatives, in the performance of any of Photographer’s obligations in this Agreement; (ii) Photographer’s breach of any of Photographer’s obligations, warranties, covenants, or representations under this Agreement. Photographer’s duty to defend shall arise immediately upon demand for a defense and shall not be dependent upon a finding of any fault by Photographer.
Dispute Resolution/Mediation: If a dispute arises out of, or relates to, an interpretation of this Agreement, and if the dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions, then the Parties agree to try to settle the dispute in an amicable manner by confidential mediation before having recourse to any other proceeding or forum. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Montana applicable to contracts made and performed in Montana without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located within Gallatin County, Mont.
Photographers must accept Terms & Conditions in the online form in order to officially submit a photograph.